Sunday, July 19, 2009

Happy Summer!























































So, as I was perusing Sean & Britt's blog, as I do from time to time for baby updates - I noticed that the last time our blog was updated was 3 months ago! That is not cool at all! In my defense, however, not a whole lot goes on out of the ordinary around here. Just a whole lotta daily livin'; you know, work, housework, schoolwork, laundry, meal prep, baths, play dates etc.

We have managed to fit in a few adventures though - you had to know! We went hiking at Devil's Lake, WI on the 5th of July and hit a trail described as "steep and difficult". But, my daring children wanted to give it a try, so what the hay, eh? We were about half way up and my Seattle diva pipes up with "pheww! I am SO gonna need a Starbucks after this!". That's my girl!

My birthday weekend netted a bit of fun: a family fun day at Fort McCoy, then a party at some friends' house (that's them below - Mark & Sherri), then back to the Lake for paddleboating. In classic Kathie fashion - I tried something new. Now, if you've never done it, I recommed putting yourself into a very heavy velcro suit, then jumping up against a velcro wall. It doesn't hurt - it's way too funny, because when you break free, you fall, then have to attempt to get up on a bouncy surface in a heavy suit. You can't tell from the picture, but I scored about 3 feet up the wall - possibly a world record. Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't stop laughing!



























1 comment:

Unknown said...

Finally!!!!!!!!!!! JK.. Love you guys can't wait to see you!!