
Leave it to kids to find a way to make nearly everything fun. On our way out of town, Jill, Marcus and the girls were on their way to the coast, so they came by. Check out these hilarious pictures of "mattress smashing"...
I couldn't go east without stopping in my favorite town on the planet, Missoula, of course! We met up with my friend Mike, hiked part way up to the "M" and picked up a souvenier at a former hangout called "Food for Thought", which, if I ever get the nerve to open my own cafe, this is the place I envision in my dreams. It is, in a word, blissful.
South Dakota, I am starting to think, is a very well kept secret. They have it all - the gorgeous black hills, tons of history, hiking, cool places to explore (like the second longest cave in North America - Jewel cave which we went into), and, of course, Wall Drug. No trip through SD is complete without a visit to that place. We also enjoyed a bit of mini-golf. Check out the "rule breaker"! Also, we went to an awesome laser light show at the Crazy Horse monument. The picture isn't very good, and the 5 or so that Aleah took on her camera from Auntie, didn't turn out at all.



And, if they ever claim that the trip was grueling.... I've got proof to the contrary :-)



No comments:
Post a Comment