Sunday, August 24, 2008

Who said Alaska??

Did I say we were moving to Alaska, when I really MEANT Wisconsin? I know, you're probably thinking what a simple mistake, and it is - you know they are so very close to each other, both geographically and alphabetically. But really, I have been offered a job working with my current organization and decided to, as we say in the Army, "stay in my lane", meaning "go with what you know". In this job, I'll be able to make an impact on the program I've already dedicated 7 years to, so I'm looking forward to the challenge. Also, the kids will be closer to their paternal family and their Dad is considering a move himself.

Another challenge will be coping with a dairy allergy in "America's Dairyland", but we will surely quickly adapt to the many advantages of a Mid-west lifestyle. Like someone said to me, it's not bad, just different. With that in mind, the kiddies are looking forward to learning how to ice skate (something not readily available here), and also loads of snow (also, not so common here!).

We're moving this coming week - and I'll post again soon.

1 comment:

Sparkette1 said...

We're so excited that you'll be coming closer to our neck of the woods even though we'll most likely be moving to CA by Christmas. Can't wait to see the kids again!!! It's been too long! I'll eat your share of dairy products while I'm there!!
That's my favorite food group!!!!!
Have fun with the move......what city are you headed towards????