Saturday, January 19, 2008

How do I walk with these things?






Snowshoeing to some, is just another form of exercise disguised as "fun". But, to us it truly is exhilarating and delightful. We've had a rough couple of weeks and the time was definitely right to get out and burn off some bad "mojo" and get back to appreciating each other and treating each other better (read sibling torture here!).

Nicholas's comment: "This was the best day of my life because I learned how to snowshoe." (And he typed this message himself)

Aleah's comment: "I liked it, but I got kind of tired. I LOVE the snow!"

The day had its ups and downs, specifically not knowing we needed a parking pass for the SnowPark, and finding out AFTER we were already dressed and ready to go. But, it wasn't a big deal and we held on to our sunny attitudes which matched the sunny, gorgeous day. And, because we had to adjust, we were able to find a less crowded location for our first outing. Nicholas got the hang of things right away. "look at me, Mom" was a common phrase, accompanied by falling on purpose and lots of laugher. Aleah was a bit more pensive and felt better when we held hands.

And, when it was all over, our pre-made hot chocolate was still hot! (We stopped at Starbucks anyway) :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are such an AWESOME!! family!!!