On Saturday,
Nicholas, Aleah, Grandpa and Gramma and Kathie fulfilled a fun dream by hoppin' on an Amtrak train and ridin' the rails to Portland, OR.
Nicholas, Aleah, Grandpa and Gramma and Kathie fulfilled a fun dream by hoppin' on an Amtrak train and ridin' the rails to Portland, OR. There, we sloshed about in the rain and wound up at Powell's Books, which, if you've never experienced it, is a bibliophile mecca! They even publish a map to the joint :-) Amazing, but admittedly a bit overwhelming if you aren't looking for something in particular.


2 comments:
You new blogsite is great! The granddaughter of a commercial layout artist comes through. How was that train ride? What was your favorite part? Need more opinion..isn't that what blogging is about? Just how groovy was it? I wish I could have gone too. I always loved riding the train!
I love going to Portland! Last year my friend Sarah and I took the train down there for a girl's weekend and saw so much great stuff, including the bookstore. My favorite part is the awesome rail system they have down there. I wish I had known you were going, though - I have a certificate for a buy-one-get-one Amtrak ticket I could have given you! Next time : )
Post a Comment